Tuesday 1 May 2007

The Signs of ageing

While most of the people having their day off for labor day, I’ve got to come to work today. There is no extra work or whatsoever, it just that there is no Labor day here. I’m feeling bored as I have nothing much to do. I completed the requested script yesterday and waiting for the IT to give access right to transfer the file.

Suddenly, I just missed my wife. I called her and we chatted and talked through skype. She just returned from my Kampung. I’m very happy because she could go back there without me and she knew how to carry herself. She went to see most of my uncles and unties. She treated my parents and sisters very well. She cook for them and bought them dinner at Tasik Raban. I never had been there but I could smell how yummy it was. To be frank, I’m not able to do the same. Even she asks me to be hypocrite still I won’t be able to do the same way.

My wife was here for 2 months. I managed to bring her seeing the whole country. We went to all nicest and not so nice places. Fairly, She loves to be here but still she wanted to go home :D She has been dreaming to be in Japan, so it wasn’t fair if I did not let her go. I had to send her back home for a while. Being married and alone is not easy Haha. I’ve got to know a few Malaysian here, and I did hang out with them once in a while, but I’m happier if I could do things together. Anyway, she’ll be back here in two weeks time.

Thank God, my life is getting better. I’m happy with what I am and what I have even though a lot of people out there are more successful than me. Most of my prayers have been answered. I keep on praying as I want him to answer my wish. God never lies to us. I still remember when I was a child and living in kampung, I wished to go to boarding school. I envied those people studying there. God answered me. I was accepted into MRSM Penang, even though, people used to refer it as a rejected MRSM. I loved to study there but no sweet life for me. People there pretty boring (I guess they saw me the same way too :P) and I never contacted any of my ex-school mate. Wira was the president, but I came to know him when we were at iTTM. Then I started dreaming to study abroad which I failed to make it and end up graduated at MMU Melaka.

Studying at iTTM and MMU was the best wonderful moments in my life. I didn’t really like the course, but I love to be there. We were very close to each other. I just couldn’t imagine how I hated Mohaini so much. He just spelt anything he liked and he was so arrogant with his SPM result. He asked me how I did in add maths. I proudly told him I got A1 for that paper and indeed I was good in maths. What did he say? “ooo mrsm gred rendah pada sekolah biasa, tu pasal ko dapat A1”. He was closed to Gmen and both of them were good in teasing people. But sooner both of them became close to me. We used to do things together and Mat Bon’s room was the main spot for having sandwiches tuna. I learnt how to copycat, and I love those people sharing their answer with me. Mon is a bright student, he never copied and he used to say “aku tak tahu lah. aku bantai jer”. but everybody will say “tak pe kasi jer jawapan ko”. He let people to copy him reluctantly. But I never copied during final exam. Never dare to do that. During quizzes or testes I would try my very best to have ghost around me. I could remember very well that I used my feet to fold over my English manual to copy format of the official letter.

But I felt stress if people like Nyet sitting beside me. He could ask extra paper when I was about to understand the whole question. He did quite well but most of his answers were rubbish and it was hard to copy him. He wrote so many things and you didn’t know which one was the right answer. He was killing a bird with many stones. Tip loves to copy too but you have to make sure what you have else he didn’t want to share. Suzanne was good in letting people had her answers.Probably people like bisu, flash and wira (only they know themselves) had genuine answers but I tried to avoid sitting beside Norli. “ayah aku marah aku tak dapat 90”. Saiko jer aku rasa. But she is a nice girl. She was naïve and everything must follow the book. But we love to see her when she was in cold J. Sally and Keme were good copier companions as well but surprisingly they did well in UK (sally jgn marah…). I guess most people have their own style of copying. Flash is special. Mohen and I used to tease him for not being a good companion. We pity him because he used to get lower marks than I do (sbb mohen tere pada aku kan), we asked him to use “toyol”. He refused to do so. I really respect him for now (dulu aku cakap apa lah tanak meniru), because he succeeded in what he is doing now and at least he could tell his children how hard it was. Mohen used to say “aku tak study lagi” but he did his own way. While everybody was napping he started to read. He wanted people to see how good he was. Sorry I jumble up between iTTM and MMU experiences haha.

Anyway, even I had ghosts around me, I just graduated with 2.97 (Jernk, lonyok and his besfren nyet always make fun of it. "ko bukannya pandai sgt..."). I was so disappointed with the point because I was not able to be part of TM parent company. I was dumped to its subsidiary. I was working with my ex-lecturer at that time when TAB offered me the job. I went to TM HR manager asking them to release me. I did say, “I’m willing to work with TM if they could take me. Not the subsidiary”. How desperate I was. Then he said No and started threatening me with the scholarship amount. I had no choice so I just worked at TAB. Looking at positive side the salary was a bit higher than parent (at that time). I should thank to TAB anyway, part of me today because of them. My ex-team leader is a manager now, and we still keep in touch. Who knows our path will cross again. As a countrified man, I envied people traveling abroad especially when I looked at pictures of my brother in Japan. The first time I took plane when I was heading to Malacca from Ipoh. Nobody willing to send me at that time, my brothers and parents rewarded me that. I was so excited. I tried to hide my feeling but people could see it well. I asked keme to buy me plane ticket (Pelangi air) and she sent it to my kampung. Then I took bus from Gerik to Ipoh. Wira waited for me and with a giant bag that I had, we headed back to his home on his kapcai. His parents wanted to send him to Malacca as well so they asked me to join them and they tried to get refund for the ticket. I was so happy being told the refund was not possible, so I could take the plane. His late father helped me checked in there. When I was in the plane I didn’t know how to put on the seat belt. I just covered with my hand pretending that I was wearing it. Bodoh sombong sebenarnya. Alhamdullilah, I safely landed with no seat belt on.

Singapore was my first experienced abroad. I had my experience so I knew how to cover my “jakun” this time. I was with Landen. He was very shy when he asked me to get into sex toy shop together. Working with TAB, plane becomes no luxury anymore. While we had our server in Alor Star and Kuching, we had to fly almost every week. We preferred to take air asia, then we claimed mileage and toll. We still making profit. I believe the company did not lose their profit for that. This is my third job in 8 years of experiences and I managed to travel all continents but America. Sometimes I did bring my wife together, if I have to stay longer. But for this year, I’m not traveling anywhere because I have to be here. My wife outnumbered me for Japan :P

Umrah is our priority. We plan so many times already but we still couldn’t make it. Banyak dosa rasanya. Oh man.. I’m growing old, I could remember those sweet days. We can’t turn back. We can say that our age is stop at 27 or 29, but people could see the sign of ageing on our face. We can’t lie. But I still love Nasha Aziz even she's in her thirties now :-)

So more to come and please drop by again next time ;-)

8 comments:

Izham Miyake said...

gee,

ko ingat lagi ek citer2 kat ITTM/MMU.

nasib baik aku tak termasuk dalam citer2 ko hahahaha...

suzanne is a good friend. in everything.

geeGrik said...

aku tahu ko meniru tapi ko tiru org lain. Aku rasa ko tiru suzanne :D

Geanie said...

oit gerik....aku mintak blog tak mau kasikk yekkk!!!! jiwang karat jugak hang nie !! muahahaha.. jgn gersang2 kat tanah gersang udah!

geeGrik said...

Sally: aku baru buat la setelah bai dok paksa. Link lah ke blog aku hehehe. Aku mmg gersang lah minggu ni. terpaksa buat aktiviti org bujang hahahahah

landen said...

gee, the sex toy shop was a mistake :P tapi time tu aku memang malu siot...maklumlah..apa itu sex? :P

tapi that was an eye opener la aku rasa...nengok tempat org..especially me..org kampung ;)

geeGrik said...

landen: Nasib baik hang malu malu lagi, kalau tak sure kita beli bawak balik hotel hahahahaha

Izham Miyake said...

siot...

korang nak bawak balik hotel nak projek berdua ka?

ish hang ni gee..

ish.. aku sangka hang dah kawin.. ish ish ish...

geeGrik said...

masa tu bujang la. projek masing2 la kalau beli sorang satu. mcm katalog nyace kasi tue. mintak katalog kat dia. mesti hang suka.