Sunday 6 May 2007

My nonambitious Ambition

If we recall back when we were in standard 1, our teacher will ask each of us, “what is your ambition?” We have to fill up with 3 jobs according to our priority. “Tentera”, “Polis”, “Bomba” are the favorites. Slowly, when we were growing up, sometimes the order changed or replaced. As for me, once I knew the word, “Juru”, I started writing “Jurutera”, “JuruTeknik” and “JuruBina”. The fact was I didn’t know what exactly of those. But there was something that I really want to be. I wanted to be a pilot. Everybody knows, Pilot has handsome pay, they can travel around the world and they have smart uniform. Until now, if there is pilot staying next door, I will find out, what car they drive and how their wife looks like. If she is beautiful, I would say she was ex-stewardess and her husband has enough to take care of her and housewife will be her current role.

But I’m just a plain ambitious people. I tried once which I failed and never tried after that. Once we start having job, our commitment slowly growing. We have car installment, housing loan and family to support. I’m afraid to start the journey again, hesitate to challenge the problems or any drawback, scare of new things or of the differences, and finally, does not know or implement my life-improvement formula. I will never reach my ambition destination. [pilot].

Either I like it or not, I have to change my plan. I’m forcing myself to love my job, learn as much as possible and looking for opportunity and grab it. Start patting your back every morning and say “your life is better than yesterday”. I set my goal, and every minute of my time working and thinking towards it.

Those successful people they are genuinely ambitious. They know what they want. They dare to sacrifice and take the challenge. What they see is success. They never listen to any inch of negative judgment. I really salute and admire this people, but I’m very sorry to myself because I can’t follow their journey.

Do not let yourself down, if you are not part of them. The world will not be fun anymore if everybody is indistinguishable. At least you and I are equal. Everyone has their own way and there is old saying goes “ukur baju di badan sendiri”. It just that we have to measure where we are and where we stand now and start planning our own journey. If I recall back, I just belong to average student and a lot of things to be regretted if I want to. I knew that I’m not smart but I never double up my effort to study. My effort most likely just exactly the same like Mon. but he is gifted and definitely he could do well. I supposed to put more effort if I want to be like him.

For non ambitious people like me it’s all about lucks and opportunity when it comes to work. If you happened to be in good department, indirectly you will be good in that, because it becomes your routine. It’s not because somebody else cannot do it, but they never had the chance to learn. Then we are trying to be out of our comfort zone, some of us do not have enough skill, and some of us doing well because their next job requires the same skills. Sometimes we could see people hopping job so easy and we still stuck there from the first year joining the company. Believe me, they are not really good, but the required skills are the same and they start having confidence from the day they move out from their comfort zone. Most of them are lucky at the beginning. A good thing about them, they dare to move and they know how to grab the opportunity. That’s it!!

If you feel like to move and you have what it takes, this is the time for you. Once you are out of your comfort zone, your self-confidence grows slowly and you will be learning a lot. We have to take challenge a bit. The rest will come slowly.

If you want to surprise the world, be genuinely ambitious which is not me. You have to be extraordinary. If we read about them, they tasted failure and they will tell us those failures thought them a lot of things. Their points are all true and the problem still remains on our side. Are we willing to compromise and take the test like them?

Sad thing about me, I still have blockage mind and telling myself that I’m a conservative guy, and I can’t tolerate of heavy challenge.

Pilot will be in my dream only ………

6 comments:

mel said...

You sounds old my dear.

Btw, my hubby is not a pilot at a moment, the last time i check he is still in IT field and i am already a housewife u know... :D

geeGrik said...

Byk la housewife lu :P
lu kena kerja nanti "BIG" bos lu marah

Anonymous said...

I think u missed something here. Success in our life 90% depends on efforts (berani, risk taker + bla bla)and 9% from academic and 1% the golden share - qadak dan qadar (luck) but anyway the luck dos not simply like that it will follow your effort (sunnah). So dont regret of what we have, see you are now much succced amongst us.

geeGrik said...

aku takde MBA lah mohen, so terlupa nak masuk stats tuh hehe. a long long long way to go. kena beringat jugak. hidup ni umpama roda, dan cerah tidak semestinya siang, mendung tak beerti hujan.

Izham Miyake said...

gee tak mendung lagi dah kan? hahaha..

geeGrik said...

Bai: siut ko... takde mendung2 dah. sini cerah jer :P