Tuesday 26 June 2007

Keep Alive

“abg update blog lah”. Our life here quite dull. I choose to hole up at home after work during this summer. It is too hot to be out there. Sunglass is a must, so I bought mine the cheap one at Mark and Spencer, and Versace for my wife. Ladies always wanted the best. At first I tot of buying branded one as well, but looking at the mirror a few times, it didn’t make me more handsome. So why wasted so much money on it right HaHa;

I guess it is fair for Mel to have it since I did not give her any gift but lunch for her last year birthday. I do not want to spend much on unnecessary stuff and I opt for brand if I really can afford it. One thing I never forget is to give her birthday card. So for her birthday this year, we celebrated at Apple Bees restaurant together with Nuar’s family. Nuar’s birthday just a day before Mel’s. Mel and I used to share meals here because the serving is a lot. But this time we ordered separately because we wanted to taste different meal, and end up we had to tapau and bring back home. We forgot to take our pictures together, because I was busy snapping everybody else. It was funny while we were making our order. The pinoy waitress suggestion wasn’t good. I love to have steak with half done, but she suggested “medium-well”. “more bloody sir” burst us into laughter. Her “medium-well” turned out to be too well. Then when Mel ordered rib eye, she promptly said, “No good. More bones” HaHa. Nuar at first wanted to have the same meal, changed it at the last minute. The taste was good, so Nuar was regretted with the choice made and until now, he keeps insisting his wife to be there again, just to have that rib eye.

Last Saturday, a new guy from Celcom just joined. His first statement arriving in Doha was very funny. “Boleh tak aku resign. Aku nak balik lah”. HaHa. “Ko blom sign lagi, ko nak balik esok pun boleh”. Everybody heard of that conversation was laughing. During summer, Doha airport is not welcoming at all. The airport is dull. Once landed, you have to take bus to the terminal. With temperature more than 40 degrees, the only thing popped into your mind. “Negara apa lah ni panas jer. Nampak padang pasir”. “Aku kelaur je dr kapal tu, aku rasa mcm duduk belakang bontot bas jer.” another statement from him that burst us into laugher again. He was lucky anyway, because he wasn’t alone on his first day. Isyam waited for him and brought him back and we have makan-makan there. After a few days being here, and if somebody brings him to a few shopping malls around here, he will fall in love with Doha slowly.

I was a bit lucky, because I had been to worst. When I was at TAB, I had to be in Guinea in West Africa. My first trip was 3 months and the second trip was 1 month. I felt sorry for those living there. Gain independence in 1956, but not even one traffic light was working at their capital city. Colonized by France and the only thing they left were their language. Nothing to do at all. I felt like being in a big jail there. It was so bad. So coming to Doha wasn’t so bad. Although they just gave me google map to find my flat, I managed to find it. Yea, I’ve got to drive on left for the first time and I got a lot of honk that day.

Ermm.. last night we chatted with mama through yahoo, and she could see us on web cam. I tot I lost 2 kilos, but mama asked Mel to take care of my diet. She said I’m gaining. “Jangan makan banyak nanti besar macam ayah”. HaHaHaHa.

Will try to update more soon….

9 comments:

Adun Karamba said...

huh,mamat celcom? apanama. aku suka jaga tepi kain org nih..

Izham Miyake said...

At first I tot of buying branded one as well, but looking at the mirror a few times, it didn’t make me more handsome.

* i laughed till the tears burst!

geeGrik said...

adun: dia budak celcom dr awal2. bukan budak tmtouch. hehe anyway nama dia mohd hisyam

bai: aku teringin nak beli gak yang mahal, tapi aku tak jadi hemsem pun. jadi aku rasa membazir, kalau aku pakai nampaknya cam brad pit sikit2 dah lama aku beli Hahhahahahaha.

nurminah said...

hi abg gee,

dah lama baca blog ni..baru terajin nak komen..heh..

mel dah dok sana terus menemani hubby terchenta la ek?..bestnyer keje kat negara org kalau gaji nya pun masyukkk..org pompuan xde can keje kat sana ek?

abg gee lama lagi ke kat sana?..kot2 la kita ngan huda plan nak cuti2 kat sana nnt..bley la pow abg gee..

kemsalam mel..

-minah-

geeGrik said...

minah : waaa dah lama tak dengar cerita, ingat dah lupa kat kita org HeHe. Mel dok bising nak balik jer. tapi kena tahan HaHa. ikut plan sampai hujung tahun jer duduk sini. tak pasti lagi.

waa huda pun ada. meh la sini. tapi kalau datang sekang membazir jer. panas sgt. kalau bulan 10 ke atas cun, sbb dah sejuk, so boleh pi main kat padang pasir, laut dia cantikkk sgt kat sana. kim salam kat huda

Unknown said...

amboi! brad pit tu! tak teragak langsung! heh heh...

Anonymous said...

Abang gee tak bertambah hemsem pun saya tetap sayang kat abang gee. saya pembaca setia tulisan abang

geeGrik said...

huiyo nama best. panjang. tapi aku rasa nama sebenanr dia lina azura hairul binti NYACE :P

azq: Itu ja yang teragak. hahaha . jauh sekali agakan ku yer HaHa

kapla.hodot said...

baru sampai dah terasa nak balik? terer2.. ok la.. at least ko lagi terrer gee.. tido dlm gelap sebulan pun tanak balik lagi ;) bile cuti? :D syok siut dok KL... hahaha