Sunday 13 January 2008

Dugaan [ completed :-) ]

January 11, at 11.00 am Mel and I decided to go to FFC to shop some groceries.

at the parking lot
(both got into the car and closed the door)
Suddenly... Prangg..
we looked at the back and
Mel: abang cermin pecah
Gee: apesal. alahai
Then we got out of the car and checked the glass.

Gee: Hello
A: Hello, Sinxt Rent here.
Gee: I'm having problem with my car. The back windscreen was broken at my parking lot.
A: Call the police, we only replace the car once you get the police report

(dial 999)
Gee: Hello
Police: hello
the funny story goes after this. Going to shoprite for a while :D
(We didn't go to shoprite but i went to bed instead :P)

Gee: The back windscreen of my car was broken and i didn't know how it happened.
Police: Where
Gee: My parking lot
Police: Where's yr parking lot
Gee: Matar Qadeem.
Police: Where's Matar Qadeem
Gee: U know Al-Emadi Building
Police: Yes
Gee: Al-Emadi 4B
Police: Who hit your car?
Gee: I don't know
Police: OK Call this number 4XXXXXX
Gee: Is this police station?
Police: Yes. call that number

(Dial 4XXXXXX)
Gee: Hello. Is that Police Station
Police: Yes. what's yr problem
Gee: The back windscreen of my car was broken and i didn't know how it happened.
Police: Where
Gee: My parking lot
Police: Where's yr parking lot
Gee: Matar Qadeem.
Police: Where's Matar Qadeem
Gee: U know Al-Emadi Building
Police: Yes
Gee: Al-Emadi 4B
Police: Who hit your car?
Gee: I don't know.
Police: For your case, come to police on Sunday
Gee: Why Sunday? I need to make a police report now
Police: Today, tomorrow close. Only Sunday Open. Today open for 2 cars problem (paham tak?)
(that means if you got accident with second or other party)
Gee: Where
Police: Airport Police Station. Come Sunday 8. am
Gee: I want to make a police report now, so i can get a replacement for my rental car
Police: Friend, today, tomorrow close. Come Sunday. You still can drive your car.
Gee: OK (I just hang up)

(Dial Sixth Rent again)
Gee: Hello
A: Yes Sir
Gee: I cannot make a police report today. Could you give me replacement car for a while? I need it for 2 days
A: No sir. You have to bring police report
Gee: Yes I know. But this is international company, I guess should be no problem for you to give me replacement, then On Sunday I will make a police report.
A: Sorry sir. This is our company policy
(I was getting pissed off)
Gee: Hey, What kind of service you provide? I need the car for two days
A: (he hang up the phone)

What the fooook.
(Dial again.. nobody answered me)

Then I called syed to come over and bring me for Friday Prayer and we went to FFC to buy some stock because we would be grounded for two days at least :P

On Saturday night, I asked Syed to bring me to Airport police station, just to check where exactly it was, so the next day i would not have problem to locate it.

Syed: Masuk lah dulu tanya
Gee: Ok gak
I explained everything to the police and he said "Your case not here. Go to Musammeir" and he was being nice by giving us direction. So I decided to check that police station and Syed suggested me to bring my car, in case if we were lucky enough we could get the report.

So we return home to get my car and heading there. There was one guy at that police station. So i got to explain everything again.

Police: You want to claim full insurance or third party
Me: Full insurance. This is rental car.
(then i showed him one paper inside the car)
Police: This is third party insurance
Me: Shit
Police: This 2 arabic words means third party. If comprehensive it would be one word only.
Me: Ok let me call sixt rent again

Me: Hello
B: Hello Sixth Rent here
Me: Hello Dean ( I could recognize his voice)
Me: The insurance for this car is third party
B: No Sir. all our cars are comprehensive
Me: But the paper here said "third party"
(the police asking me to pass the phone to him. Then he asked Dean to send another copy or I get it from him and bring there tomorrow)
He passed back the phone to me

Me: Hello
Dean: Sir, just go to our main office
Me: It is not my job to get that copy. You should provide the correct copy.
Dean: Just give me your fax number, so i will fax it to you
( I was so mad at this guy, so i just bombarded him. anyway i didn't fuck him. Only a few "shit" coming out of my mouth).
After giving him my fax number, i put down the phone. Then we talked to that police man for a while before going home. Once home i called Sixth Rent Manager.

Eh dah 7.30 am. I have to take shower now. will continue later. :-)

Me: Hello Mr Mustafa.
M: A'kum
Me: W'salam. This is me from Cxxtel. The back windscreen of my car was broken and i had a problem to make a police report. The insurance copy stated third party but your staff insisted there was another original copy with full insurance. Then he asked me to get it at your main office. It is ridiculous, how could your staff gave me the wrong paper?
M: Don't listen to them. If the paper said third party just make it third party report, if comprehensive make it full claim report.
Me: Ok then. tomorrow I will go to police station again, and I will make a police report based on third party because that what exactly stated here. The police will not give me the insurance certificate report.
M: It's ok. Just make a police report and get the copy. Then pass it to them, and they will replace your car
Me: Ok then. Thanks for the information.

(I got a call fr customer...)

On Sunday at 7.45 am at Musammeir Police Station
Me: A'kum Mr Zahar
Z: W'salam
Me: Sit there
(I was the only one there :P)
after 30 minutes
Z: Go upstairs and see my manager. Tell him your problem and he will give you the report. Your case simple
Me: OK
( I went to see his boss.)
Me: A'kum
His Boss: W'salam
Then I explained everything.
His Boss: Tell Zahar to make a police report for you and I will sign it. If he asks you to see me again, tell him to call me.
Me: OK
( I went downstairs and told him what was happened)
Z: So he knew your problem already?
Me: Yes
Z: Where are all your papers?
( I passed all papers to him)
Z: Sit down
( I had no idea where he went )
then after 30 minutes he came to sit at the reception and filling up the report in arabic
Z: you are malaysian
Me: Yes I am
Z: Malaysia good. My friend just return from Malaysia and he said it was good. I want to go there
Me: Yea. You should go ( :P )
Z: Ok your report is done. your report number is 13 and they will prepare for you and give a copy later. This case, we call simple crisis. not crisis. simple case. Sit down
Me: (whatever)

(after another 20-30 minutes)
Z: Just go upstairs and take the second door. Look for Mr Khalid.
Me: Ok
Me: A'kum Mr Khalid
K: W'salam. sit there. Give him chai (he ordered his tea boy)
I got to sip their chai(tea) in this cold weather.

(after another 20 mins I guess)
K: What's yr problem
Me: It is written there I guess (i just smiled at him)
K: Ok (and he started typing the report)
Then the tea boy came asked for 12 riyal for stamp fee.
K: Ok done. Follow him to get a report.
( I followed his officer)
He looked at my driving license
O: ooo you are malaysian
Me: Yes
his friend: You know Mahathir Mohamad
Me: Yes
His friend: I love his president ( that means he loves mahathir leadership)
(yea, ppl here see high on him. a couple of times they asked Anwar as well)
Me: Yea. Everybody loves him.

(Then i got my report, then I said "Syukran")

I was the only one to make a report that day and it took me 2 hours and half to get a "simple case report"
I get used to the system, and the weather was nice and I was in the new building, so nothing to rush. What to do, that's how they work here.

So i drove my self to the airport to get the replacement.

At the airport
Me: Here is the report
P: OK, I will give back your old car. the red one
Me: Whatever. As long it is in good condition.
P: (ordered his staff) Get the red Ibiza for this man.
(then i just followed him to the parking area)
(The parking lot was flooding with water.)
Me: I'm not going down here. You see the water.
M: Sir, take off your shoes.
Me: What? No way. You go there and get the car for me
M: No problem sir.

(he drove the car the opposite way)
M: Sir, open that door and jump from here
Me: (fuck). Ok i will do it
(I opened the door and jump to the next car)
Then I checked the insurance copy.

Me: This insurance copy was expired.
M: It's ok sir. you can drive
Me: No. I'm not going to drive this car.
M: Ok Sir. follow me to the airport

At the airport again
Me: You see, this insurance was expired and i'm not going to drive it
P: Wait. (he was checking the file.)
P: Sir, give me your fax number and i will fax it to you later
Me: No. Get me another car. I don't trust it works here. In this country there will be no such thing. Later means nothing. Give me another car

Then he passed me a new key. After checking the insurance copy and it was valid with third party insurance. I took it and I called Sixth Rent manager again.

Me: A'kum Mr Mustafa
M: w'salam
Me: This is me again and i just got a replacement but the insurance still third party
M: Why you worry about third party. If something wrong with the car we will responsible for it
Me: Fine. But it should be comprehensive so if anything happen to me, it will cover me as well.
M: No, comprehensive here, for the car only. For you, you have to buy your own personal insurance
Me: Ok then

HaHa.. That's how the system works here. I just couldn't believe but it is indeed true. What surprises me more, they just host Asian games and they are going to bid for 2016 olympic.

Ok my dugaan story completed :-)

Your blog post published successfully!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alaaa.. apa citer separuh jalan nih??

Anonymous said...

Jahat sungguh..

mohenz said...

bodohnya pak arab tu... mampos lagi elok

mohenz said...

bodohnya pak arab tu... mampos lagi elok

geeGrik said...

nak buat mcm mana. mmg mcm tu caranya di sini :-)

Unknown said...

panjangnyer proses.. baca pun penat...